IBM has ploughed investment into supporting the new world of virtual and cloud architectures and have added some essential features making Spectrum Protect the most complete data protection solution on the market - for Cloud, Virtual and Physical environments as well as a wide range of applications.
If your data protection hierarchy includes virtual tape, physical tape or legacy disk, Spectrum Protect could be the perfect Christmas present.
Key features of Spectrum Protect include:
- Comprehensive data compression. Deduplication and compression come included, (optional Aspera network compression)
- Replication to offsite location, whether on or off premises or cloud
- Container storage pools offer native object storage and support most popular cloud storage vendors
- Integrated clients for Virtual Environments, providing Spectrum Protect functionality in a familiar interface for Virtual Environment administrators
In December 2016 IBM are releasing Spectrum Protect 8.1 which includes all of these features and adds further enhancements to make life easier and most importantly, save time and money
Spectrum Protect is available as a VMWare ready plugin to provide seamless integration to VMWare. This provides Spectrum Protect superior features in an interface familiar to VMWare administrators.
Without the need to open a separate user interface, Spectrum Protect has been designed with WMWare administrators in mind, rather than Spectrum Protect experts
VMWare administrators can create schedules and backup policies, as well as restore from any backup.
Spectrum Protect 8.1 adds functionality to allow migration and conversion of data from tape and block storage to Spectrum Protect container storage pools, which provide native object storage.
Container storage pools were designed from the start to utilise cloud and hybrid storage architectures.
The use of container storage pool with Spectrum Protect native deduplication and compression provides a cost effective alternative to virtual tape libraries since this functionality is all included in the base license
Enhanced Snapshot support
Spectrum Protect 8.1 uses read/write mount of VSS snapshots on Windows to support advanced application protection feature:
- Fast item-level recovery of Exchange mail items by eliminating the copy of the Exchange database file into the Recovery Database
- Attach SQL Server databases for granular restore or access as a clone for reporting or DevOps
If you are interested in how Attam and Spectrum Protect can help protect your valuable data, save you money and make life simpler, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org